Thomas C. Miller
Doc Miller brings Experience, Investigation and Education to the Courtroom.
Thomas C. "Doc" Miller is not just a lawyer. Doc wore a blue collar building oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico. Doc worked as a journalist for 10 years in Colorado, Wyoming and Texas. For another 10 years, Doc owned and operated a successful private investigation firm in Colorado. He has been a lawyer now for over 20 years. He is also a court qualified forensic document examiner.
Doc Miller investigated and published the truth of the murder of John Benet Ramsey. Since then he has investigated, tried cases and successfully built a criminal defense practice. Doc Miller has defended citizens from traffic tickets to Child Abuse Resulting in Death. Doc communicated the Community heartbeat as a journalist in small towns and big cities. As a private investigator, Doc investigated the gritty details of Corporate, Government and Personal Greed. It is in the Criminal Courtroom where Doc Miller ferrets out personal greed, government arrogance and immorality in the corporate boardroom. When it comes to trial, Doc Miller will have the facts and there's no deal until the facts are in, or the jury decides.
Contact Doc's Denver Law Office Today!
Who will tell your story when you're charged with Domestic Violence, a DUI or Murder?
Doc Miller won an acquittal on a Not-Guilty-by-Reason-of-Insanity in Jefferson County District Court. He has won civil judgements in county courts as well as district courts. He defends for Burglary, Criminal Mischief and Criminal Trespass as well as Crimes against persons both At-Risk-Adults and Children. He defends Concealed Weapons and firearms offenses. If it's drugs or traffic, prostitution, harassment or disturbing the peace Doc will tell your story. If it is County, State or Federal Court, from Jay Walking to Murder Doc Miller stands up for the accused.
Contact Doc's Denver Law Office Today!
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Trusts And Estates
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Colorado, 1993
- U.S. District Court, 1993
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- Metropolitan State College, Denver, Colorado
- B.A. - 1974
- Honors: Dean's List and Scholarships at Metropolitan State College
- Middlebury College, Middlebury State, Vermont - 1985
- Major: English
- Lincoln College, Oxford, United Kingdom
- Honors: Class President, Scholarship
- University of Denver, Denver, Colorado
- B.A. summa cum laude - 1985
- Prostitution of Justice, (Co-Author With JonBenet Ramsey), Basilico Press, 2007
- Living With Witches, Poem, Colorado Lawyer, Colorado Bar Association, September, Vol. 35, No. 9, Pg. 42, 2006
- Driving Through Denver and Defending the Gun, Trail Talk, Colorado Trial Lawyer's Association, 1997
- You're Death, Inklings Magazine, Winter,1997-1998, Pg. 36-37, 1998
- "The Cultural and Intellectual Curiosity of a North American Pigmy, "Double Helix", Migration, Arapahoe Community College, Little, CO, 1997
- "Gemini in Autumn", Pennsylvania State University, Erie, PA, 1996
- "The Color of Knowledge", Pennsylvania State University, Erie, PA, 1977-1994
- "Forever Living", Pennsylvania State University, Erie, PA, 1977-1994
- Beckett's Kingdom", Pennsylvania State University, Erie, PA, 1977-1994
- "Greyhounds", Pennsylvania State University, Erie, PA, 1977-1994
- "An Appetite for Stones", Pennsylvania State University, Erie, PA, 1977-1994
- "Buddha and the Jew", Pennsylvania State University, Erie, PA, 1977-1994, 1994
- "The Vanity", University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1991
- "Transcendental Descartes", Webster College, Webster Groves, Michigan, 1983
- "San Francisco Star", Webster College, Webster Groves, Michigan, 1988
- "We Have Only the Night", University of Colorado, Colorado Springs, Colorado, 1985
- "The Rings of Saturn", Denver, Colorado, 1986
Honors and Awards
- Board Loaf Writer's Conference, Scholarship in Poetry, 1987 - Present
- Board Loaf School of English, Scholarship to Oxford University, 1985 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Professional Private Investigator's Association of Colorado, President, 1991 - 1992
- Professional Private Investigator's Association of Colorado, Board of Directors, 1989 - 1991
Past Employment Positions
- Doc's Law Office, Sole Practitioner, 1993 - Present
- Investigative Reporting Services, CEO, 1983 - 1995