When do you need a criminal lawyer?
All felonies are serious. Very few felonies go to trial (less than 2%). Why? A trial takes an incredible amount of time for preparation and it’s easier for both the lawyer and prosecutor to agree on a quick plea bargain. Many plea bargains are “lousy” deals and do not serve the best interest of the client. A trial, however, means that you truly get American justice.
Doc Miller takes your life seriously and gets ready for trial. That means a good investigation, questioning the evidence, and doing the reading and writing to defend a person through trial. It includes listening to the client, believing is his case, and showing up prepared to stand and deliver.
Any felony needs a serious defense. You need Doc Miller.
- ARSON, C.R.S. 18-4-101 through C.R.S. 18-4-105.
- ASSAULT and MENACING C.R.S. 18-3-201 through C.R.S. 18-2-209.
- BOND VIOLATIONS, C.R.S. 16-4-101 through C.R.S. 16-4-304.
- BURGLARY, C.R.S. 18-4-201 through C.R.S. 18-4-205.
- CONSPIRACY, C.R.S. 18-2-201 through C.R.S. 18-2-206.
- DRUGS and DRUGPOSSESSION, C.R.S. 18-18- 101 through C.R.S. 18-18-606.
- FORGERY and FRAUD, C.R.S. 18-5-101 through C.R.S. 18-5-905.
- HOMOCIDE, C.R.S. 18-1-101 through 18-1-107.
- KIDNIPPING, C.R.S. 18-3-301 through 18-3-306
- PROBATION VIOLATIONS, C.R.S. 16-11-201 through 16-11-214, C.R.S. 18-1.3-201 through 18-1.3-213, and C.R.S. 18-1.3-1001 through C.R.S. 18-1.3-1012
- PAROLE VIOLATIONS,C.R.S. 16-4-101 and C.R.S. 18-1.3-401.
- ROBBERY, C.R.S. 18-4-301 through C.R.S. 18-4-305.
- SEX CRIMES, C.R.S. 18-3-401 through C.R.S. 18-3-417.
- THEFT, C.R.S. 18-4-401 through 18-4-420.
- TRESPASS, TAMPERING AND CRIMINAL MISCHIEF, C.R.S. 18-4-501 through C.R.S. 18-4-516.
All misdemeanors are not equal. Though the punishment for a misdemeanor can be as little as a $50 fine, the record lasts forever. The second misdemeanor builds on the first and the punishment increases. Many, many misdemeanors lead to serious problems in employment opportunities and social acceptance.
Some misdemeanors can result in five years of probation, serious jail time, and denial of many rights, including firearms and hunting. Don’t take the first plea offer. Investigation and a thorough knowledge of your options and defenses is the best thing you can do for your life and family.
- ALCOHOL, DUI, DWAI, and ALL TRAFFIC OFFENSES, C.R.S. 42-1-101, C.R.S. 42-2-101 through C.R.S. 42-4-2301. You know you need a lawyer if you have been charged with DUI/DWAI or any other alcohol related traffic offense. In Colorado your third offense has just taken you from the misdemeanor to the felony level.
- ASSAULT and MENACING, C.R.S. 18-3-204 and C.R.S. 18-3-206.
- DISORDERLY CONDUCT, C.R.S 18-9-106.
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, C.R.S. 13-14-103, C.R.S. 13-14-104.5, and C.R.S. 18-1-1001, C.R.S. 18-6-800.3 through C.R.S. 18-6-803.7.
- HARASSMENT, C.R.S. 18-9-111.
- MUNICIPAL VIOLATIONS
- PROBATION VIOLATIONS, C.R.S. C.R.S. 16-11-201 through 16-11-214, C.R.S. 18-1.3-201.
- PROTECTION ORDERS, C.R.S. 18-1-1001.
- RESTRAINGING ORDER, C.R.S. 13-14-103, C.R.S. 13-16-103, C.R.S. 18-9-115.5
- TRESPASS, C.R.S. 18-4-502, 503, and 504.